Saturday, July 08, 2006

Here I m writing my second post after a long time... Was too lazy these days to even type a word!!

Yesterday was going through some of my mehendi design collection and suddenly the thought of putting something on my blog occurred to me. This hobby of mine started when I was probably in 7th Std or so. I used to love mehendi on my hand but no one around had the art or the patience for it. Thats when I decided I would try it myself. The whole activity kept me interested and I just became better at it by the day. Its a great distraction when I m bored or low coz of the concentration element. Below are some pics of my handiwork :D.

This is what I had in store for my friend on her engagement. I wasnt confident I would do a good job out of it, but I guess their confidence made me do it... In the end it did look alright!!
This is on her wedding... was amazing fun pulling her leg, not letting her talk to the groom on the phone.. poor thing ;)!! Took me about 4 hours to finish back n front of 2 hands and applied some on the feet too!

This was the first bridal mehendi I applied... these hands are my cousins.. Never planned for it.. the lady who had to apply the mehendi said she cannot do it in the last minute. There was no other choice but for me to do it, did this with the readymade cones from the shop(usually I make my own as the readymade ones do create problem sometimes) and that too with a bad headache on! In the end it was satisfying to see the bride happy :)

Will end this post here... will post more pics as and when I click them! Till then njoy!

No comments: